Inducing resistance means engendering a physiological response by plants, making crops stronger against biotic or abiotic stress.
This is why resistance inductors represent today an important tool to protect plants.
It’s about a new means that, after preventive applications on crops, allows the reduction of both stress incidence and the quantity of chemicals used.
How resistance inductors work on crops.
Plants have a “defensive memory” method similar to animal immune system: in fact, they can recognize the pathogens already faced and so reacting accordingly.
This is their innate ability to activate defence mechanisms against stress, which can be of different types:
1. physical stress: wounds, pruning, pollarding, transplanting, ploughing, UV-C radiation, pressure
2. chemical treatments: with products resulting from the plant-pathogen interaction (endogenous elicitors, e.g. oligosaccharides, chitosan, laminarin) or pathogens’ products (exogenous elicitors, e.g. proteins, polysaccharides)
3. applications of microorganisms: biocontrol agents, symbionts, mycorrhizal fungi, plant-associated microorganisms
Resistance inductors types.
There are different types of resistance inductors to improve plants’ response to stress, such as:
– Inoculation of non-harmful microorganisms: the vegetal organism recognizes the artificial inoculum as pathogen, so it activates the production of proteins and defence compounds.
– Use of fertilizers rich in amino acids, minerals or metals in right doses and composition, to stimulate the defence genetic pathways. In a few days, they make the plants ready and active against pathogen organisms or abiotic stress, so strengthening them.
Today, there are innovative and high-technology products, such as the resistance inductors by Hydro Fert, able to activate and accelerate the endogenous resistance mechanisms of plants, by protecting them and guaranteeing a better quality of yields.
Basically, a resistance inductor is not a phytosanitary product, because it does not cure, but it helps the plant defending itself, and its action is neither immediate nor preventive.
Discover the resistance inductors line by Hydro Fert and their benefits or contact the company to find out more.